The past year has been tough. Most of us found ourselves stuck in our homes, navigating a new work or school setup and juggling different roles while we wait for better days. It’s not surprising that many of us also feel a bit too burned out. That’s why it’s important to take even the smallest of steps to cope with this new reality for the sake of our mental health.
If you feel a bit overwhelmed with everything that’s been going on, be easy on yourself. It’s okay to step back and take a breather and do things that can instantly make you feel a bit better—like eating comfort food. For a quick pick-me-up, MAYA Happy Mug got your back.
Just pop it in the microwave oven for 2 minutes to enjoy its warm, gooey, sweet delight to cheer you up. Available in chocolate and caramel flavors, these delicious and convenient special mug cakes come in ready-to-mix single servings—and they got their own rich, delectable drizzly syrup to boot.
While it’s yummy enough all on its own, MAYA Happy Mug can also be a great base for any of your sweet creations! For instance, you can add in apple pie filling and whipped cream to the chocolate mug cake mix to have some Chocolate Apple Pie Mugcake.
Just pour half of the chocolate cake mixture into the mug cake packaging cup and fill the center with a tablespoon of apple pie filling. Add the remaining mug cake mixture. Pop it in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds without the cover or lid. Let it cool for a few minutes before topping it with whipped cream and more apple pie filling right before serving. A few tweaks to this and you get another treat, the possibilities are endless!
In these challenging times, don’t forget to look after yourself. Having a handy treat or two will give you a much-needed boost to push through the day.
Follow and like Maya Hotcakes and More on Facebook, and @MayaHotcakesandMore on Instagram and Twitter.
CHOCOLATE APPLE PIE MUGCAKE
- 1 pack MAYA Happy Chocolate Mug Cake Mix
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons apple pie filling (store bought)
- Whipped cream
Yield: 1 serving
Prep time: 1 to 2 minutes
Baking/Cooking Time: 1 minute 30 seconds
- In a small clean bowl, make the chocolate mug cake mix according to package directions.
- Pour half of the chocolate cake mixture into the mug cake packaging cup and place 1 tablespoon of apple pie filling at the center of the mixture then cover the filling with the remaining of the mug cake mixture.
- Place the cup inside the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds without cover or lid. Remove from microwave. (Be careful container will be hot.)
- Let the mug cake cool down for 3 to 5 minutes, before putting the whipped cream on top and the remaining apple pie filling. Serve.
Nathaniel C. Uy