Unlike white rice, Bulgur is a superfood. It is delicious and filling, and has countless health benefits. It promotes a healthy heart as it is rich in fiber, antioxidants and essential minerals. It helps control your blood sugar as its glycemic index is far lower than that of white rice. Bulgur is also an excellent source of numerous essential nutrients such as manganese, B vitamins, folic acid, iron, and magnesium that will all help ensure a healthier you.
It can even be used to make an Italian Classic, Risotto. Risotto is a northern Italian rice dish cooked with broth until it reaches a creamy consistency. The broth can be derived from meat, fish, or vegetables. Many types of risotto contain butter, onion, white wine, and parmesan cheese. It is one of the most common ways of cooking rice in Italy.
For this recipe, we will instead use Duru Bulgur. This pure and clean treat from Turkey will satiate your hunger and load you up with essential nutrients—but without elevating your blood sugar levels. With lots of patience and perseverance, a balanced diet, and lots of exercise and sleep, you will surely be on your way to living a healthy lifestyle.
250g chopped leeks, white part only
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 pack Coarse or Extra Coarse Duru Bulgur
1/4 cup White Wine
approximately 2 liters Prawn Stock
2 Packs Cream
100g Pecorino Romano Cheese
1tbsp Umbria Terra Di Tartufi original Black Truffle Sauce
4tbsp Cold Butter
Season with Salt & Pepper
Finish with few drops of Umbria Terra Di Tartufi White Trufle Oil
- Saute Onions, Garlic in Butter until fragrant.
- Add 1 pack Coarse or Extra Coarse Duru Bulgur, saute until Bulgur is well coated in oil.
- You may opt to deglaze with white wine. Slowly ladle in Prawn Stock, one ladle at a time, while continually stirring for about 20mins or Bulgur is al dente.
- Off heat, slowly add peas, cream, cheese, Umbria Terra Di Tartufi Black Truffle Sauce, and season with Salt and Pepper. Adjust to desired consistency, and taste.
- Transfer pasta dish in a serving plate, and finish with Umbria Terra Di Tartufi White Truffle Oil, and top with cooked Prawn.
- Serve while still freshly cooked.
Umbria Terra Di Tartufi’s original black truffle sauce comes ready to use, and you can enhance its taste even more by sauteing some garlic and oil, letting it cool and then pouring the product contained in the jar.
Truffle is a great and easy way to add a unique flavor and aroma to a lot of dishes to make your celebrations extra special, so don’t be afraid to get creative in the kitchen!
Duru Bulgur and Terra Di Tartufi is distributed by Dygen Food Ventures, Inc. and is available for purchase at goodwill.market, an e-commerce site under Dyna Drug Corporation that offers healthy and authentic products that are globally loved and curated. They hope to help people make the wisest investments, smartest decisions, and best choices to transform and lead a healthier lifestyle.
Nathaniel C. Uy